Friday, June 17, 2011

Side Project

Photobucket
As you know, I am an aspiring artist! I've been doing pretty good at keeping myself busy working, but i also live in a small space with another person. Although my boyfriend is endlessly patient, (and i really love him for that:) it's time to clear out some crap, for lack of a better word. So as i was stacking up my paintings and thinking about what i have that i can get rid of/don't use anymore i noticed my growing pile of magazines.

Photobucket
This isn't even all of them!

Photobucket

I never read my magazines more than the couple of weeks it takes me to read them ( i have a process of going through and looking at the ads, then a few days later reading the articles, and then a few days after that surfing it again to see if i missed anything, i know, weird)But something about the covers caught my eye and i dragged them out onto my work desk and started surfing through them again, and i thought of a great idea!! I LOVE the idea of an inspiration board, and I've never made one! So why not start now! With all the things in these magazines that i love!? Sometimes all it takes is one word, or color, or image to spark an idea for a new painting. So i started cutting out all my favorite parts of each magazine and sorting them by title.
Photobucket
(This is just the collage for Harpers Bazaar)

Also, in case you were wondering, this desk is really an old kitchen table and it's about 4 ft or more across......
Photobucket

Photobucket


My original thought was to put it all on the small (ish) canvas laid out under this collage, but i have too much stuff! And i want to keep it all! So it looks like im going to be looking for a very large piece of corkboard, or several small pieces to fit it all! So much for a "small" project:)

Happy Friday:)

No comments: