Sunday, April 25, 2010

sunshine on a rainy day!

Good evening! I hope everyone had an interesting day, because i sure did! The start wasn't the best(of course when you have to get up at 7 am and be ready by 8 it never is!)I was under the impression that i was going to some, i don't know, indoor flea market of sorts. So of course i break out in my usual fashion, cute casual dress&light cardigan & really cute wedges, because, despite the dreary weather, i know it's an indoor thing, so rain doesn't matter. Things change, however, when my boyfriend comes over as im putting on my makeup, and he says "Mom say's you might wanna bring a pair of regular shoes cause she doesn't know where we're parking and it might be muddy." So i say okay great, and thankfully(!!!) i decide that my sneakers are suitable& cute with my outfit because they match, and changing shoes a dozen times is a hassle. So off we go to his house to meet his mom and her boyfriend to head off to the market. As we get in the car Jesse (my boyfriend) asks his mom how far it is to the festival and Dean (his mom's boyfriend) answers about forty minutes. So, naturally my attention is sparked, and i ask, where exactly are we going and what will we be doing. Much to my dismay (at first) i discover that we're going to the Troy Fair! An outdoor thing! And my silly boy lets me just walk outside in my short dress (and i mean short! Above the knee an inch or two) and no jacket! How crazy is he!?!? (right?) So i say, okay well it'll be fine! I'll manage it can't be too bad. To my delight it was pretty great! We got a delicious breakfast and real maple syrup (not that aunt jemima high fructose corn syrup crap)and then Jess and i head off to check out the stalls where vendors are selling handmade goods. NOW, this is where it gets good! I come across this one stall, manned by a young girl. What drew my eye were these Coca-Cola dangly earings. So i go over and look and there's a sign that says "All Jewelry made from recycled materials" Even the tags on the jewelry was recycled (how cool is that!?!?!) So anyway she and i get to talking and i ask her about her materials and she tells me this gorgeous flower bracelet was made out of a milk jug. A milk jug! She tells me that she just cleans them really well, and lays them out flat, draws on them, and cuts it out! I know, i'm so excited, but i think that's just a great way to recycle! And all her stuff was SO cute! (i will post pictures!) The best part was that they're reasonably priced! When i find her card, ill put up the link to her website so y'all can check it out!



No comments: